Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Project Smile

Project Smile Post-It Notes


Project Smile Post-It Notes

Project Smile

Introducing my project that I've mentioned a couple of times... Project Smile. 

One of the things that makes me happy is giving people compliments - it's lovely to put a smile on someone's face. I also love that feeling you get when you read an inspirational quote that inspires you to do something positive. So I (crazily?) came up with the idea of writing cute messages and inspirational sayings onto post-it notes, which I am going to be sticking around in public places for people to see. There are even a couple of jokes (although my friend wouldn't let me use my flea joke: Why didn't the flea pass his exam?... Because he wasn't up to scratch!). So armed with three different coloured post-it notes and Sharpie pens, my best friend, sister and I spent last night coming up with loads of different things to write. I spent most of the time turning down certain suggestions (no Roxy, you are not writing 'buttocks'), but I think we have come up with some really good material that would certainly make me smile if I saw it.

Over the next few days my sister and I are going to be sticking our messages around Telford to start with. I would love to hear from you if you find one - send me a message or even a photo, and I will post some of them on here! I will write my contact details below. I hope this will make some of you smile, or even inspire you to carry out a similar project yourself! I'm going to keep the blog updated with my progress in Project Smile - I really just want to make someone's day and make them laugh.

Today I went to work and then to see my counsellor. Everyone should have a therapist - we were talking about how I feel like I have to please everyone, but in fact that is impossible. I feel like I am beginning to realise that there is two sides to a story, and that I need to look after myself a little more than I currently do. Tonight I am seeing my friend Hannah, so we're going to bake like we did a few weeks ago! (Just definitely not macaroons...)

Hannah x

Email: hannahvenables19@gmail.com
Twitter: hannahev19
Instagram: hannahev19

#projectsmile

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog through a friend of mine and then saw this page. As a Christian, I have been putting up a Post-it EVERY day since last Lent as I felt it was not about giving things up but about encouraging those who need a helping hand. You can see all my Post-its here:
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/97874066@N07/sets/72157643365471613/
    I do hope your health continues to improve - I will pop in from time to time.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, that is such a great idea!! I love how you put a post-it note up every day. I will definitely be using some of your phrases for inspiration :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah - hope you are well - I'm still putting up my Post-it notes - now up to number 403 - and haven't missed a day!!
    Thought you might be interested in my new Blog - have a look and let me know what you think - as a seasoned blogger!
    https://lifeisachallenge22.wordpress.com
    Happy Easter. Love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow well done!! I have been checking out your post-it notes every now and then :) Your blog looks great, love your photography! xxx

      Delete