Saturday, 20 December 2014

Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall?

Topshop Christmas Pyjamas
Aroma Albrighton
Aroma Albrighton

I can't believe that it's only 5 days until Christmas!! It seems to have come round so quickly this year. I have been getting very excited today, dancing around the house to festive songs and singing along at the top of my voice. Mum was on the phone to her friend and I think she thought our cat was dying (we don't even have a cat). I have been in my Christmas pyjamas all day and have managed to do all of my present wrapping - I also watched Harry Potter, which is a must this time of year. My pyjamas are from Topshop last year, but here are a couple of similar ones:

Topshop / New Look

        


I feel so much brighter today, my counselling session yesterday seemed to help a lot. We were talking through my worries and my therapist taught me how to practise mindfulness, which has the aim to keep you in the present and not think about the past or future, therefore preventing you from worrying. You are supposed to accept the situation that you are faced with, so that you can then move on from it. She asked me to watch a few YouTube videos, such as ones about something called a body scan, which is designed to relax you and keep you in the present for about 20 minutes. I will definitely be trying this out and writing on here about it in the future.

I also saw my friend Roxy last night and we had a takeaway curry and gave each other Christmas presents. She always knows how to cheer me up - and how could I stay upset with a curry and presents?!

Follow your heart but take your brain with you.




2 comments: