Friday, 5 December 2014

My mum the secret ice-skater

Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Ask Italian Liverpool
Percy Pigs

Today has been spent with my mum again. We had a lie-in until 10 and then went and did a bit more Christmas shopping. Afterwards we went to ASK Italian for lunch - I had the bruschetta, cheese dough balls, Caprinha pizza, and profiteroles (and yes, I was suitably stuffed afterwards). ASK is a reasonably-priced chain of Italian restaurants and often has offers like 25% off food on - it's definitely worth checking before you go.

This afternoon we decided to go ice-skating in Liverpool One (see my other post on ice-skating here). Mum was adamant that she was going to do it, as Dad had joked that she was "too old" so she wanted to prove him wrong. I was expecting a twisted ankle and a visit to A&E when we first got on the ice, but soon enough Mum was skating circles around me and doing laps without having to hold onto the sides! (Except once, when she made a huge crash as she used the side to help her stop). I was very impressed, yet slightly embarrassed that I was shown up by my own mother, but all-in-all have had a really lovely day.

Another highlight to this amazing week - I found out that I have got an article that I wrote published in a journal! It's on sleep problems and cancer patients, which I'm sure most people will find really boring, but you can read it here if you're interested. It took a lot of hard work to get it peer reviewed and up to standard, but I'm now really proud that I can call myself a published writer.

This week has been so incredible for me - it goes to show that some of the best things can come from the hardest and darkest times, as I would never have started this blog and got such an astonishing reaction if it wasn't for my depression.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend; just remember to keep showing that lovely smile, as my Grandad always says :)

Hannah x

PS sorry about the distorted photos - our internet has taken me an hour to upload them already so I will sort them out over the weekend!

You can do whatever you want to do - you just have to believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment