Thursday, 4 December 2014

Winner/Loser

The Egg Liverpool


Rococo Liverpool

Rococo Liverpool

Rococo Liverpool

Rococo Liverpool

Rococo Liverpool

Rococo Liverpool

Liverpool Christmas Market

Rococo Liverpool

Liverpool Christmas Market

Liverpool Christmas Market


This afternoon and evening after hospital was spent with my Mum and sister Katie, who travelled up to Liverpool to visit me. We went to The Egg for some lunch (see my review here) - I had the spicy burger and banana cake as usual! We then went Christmas shopping - I managed to get quite a lot done which was useful. We also went to Rococo Cafe for a drink; the decor is beautiful and slightly vintage, and the drinks are lovely yet slightly on the pricey side. I had a mango and pineapple smoothie which was very refreshing after a long day walking around.

I have been contacted again today by quite a few people about my blog, which is amazing that people are interested enough to speak to me, and have also had over 2500 views today and another load of likes/shares on Facebook! I feel so grateful and emotional over all of the support I've received so far, and really love reading and replying to all of your messages - again, if you'd like to contact me my email address is hannahvenables19@gmail.com. I literally cannot thank you all enough!

I mentioned yesterday about becoming part of the Mental Health Society at university - yesterday I went to their first meeting and we played quite a few team games to get to know each other. One activity that really stood out for me was called 'Winner/Loser'. We all had to write down everything that we wanted out of life, including all of the basic things - otherwise we would have to survive without them (it was actually quite stressful). So things like water, oxygen, a functioning body and happiness had to be written down otherwise we wouldn't get them. Afterwards we all read out our answers, and it showed that the most common answers and therefore the important things in life are mainly the things that we all already have - the most obvious being oxygen and water. Also friends and family, good health and shelter; it made us all realise that life isn't as bad as it seems, as the most important things are already there - quite a cute idea.

Some of my more superficial answers were:
- House in the countryside
- Land Rover
- Being able to eat as much lasagne as I like without getting fat
- An unlimited amount of clothes and walk-in wardrobe
- 2 Newfoundlands

Well, you've got to have luxuries too, right?! Another thing I put down was world peace - very unlikely but perhaps it could happen some day. Maybe you should try the 'Winner/Loser' game with your friends; it really makes you realise what is important in life.

Hannah x

Girls of all kinds can be beautiful – from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It's not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box...Think outside of the box...Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you.
                                                  - Tyra Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment