Monday, 23 February 2015

Chinese New Year


This lovely food (although bad photos I'm afraid, I was way too hungry) was made by my friends Mary Ann and Arousa - they invited me round to their flat this evening for tea to celebrate Chinese New Year. They cooked a lovely Indo-Chinese curry and an amazing chocolate bread and butter pudding made with croissants for afterwards. We had a good old catch up and a lovely time.

The rest of the day was spent on placement at a disability centre for adults with physical and mental disabilities. I had never visited anywhere like that before so it was a real eye-opener as to how important centres like these are and how much people rely on them. We also got to join in with a relaxation session this afternoon, where we lay in a darkened room and listened to soothing music whilst carrying out minfulness meditation (although I found it difficult to completely zone out due to a fellow medical student snoring in the chair next to me!).

I haven't felt great today and I haven't been able to shake it off all day, which is unusual for me. Usually I will wake up in the morning and feel a bit down, but immerse myself in other things to take my mind off it. I'm not sure whether it's because I've had such a good weekend and have landed with a bit of a bump, or if it's just a hiccup, but I'm looking forward to seeing if I feel better when I wake up in the morning. As they say, tomorrow is always a new day!
Never think that what you have to offer is insignificant. There will always be someone out there that needs what you have to give.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

1 comment: