Saturday, 14 February 2015

Galentine's Day


Tavern Co, Penny Lane, 621-625 Smithdown Road, Wavertree, Liverpool

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! As most of my friends and I are single we decided to have a Galentine's/Anti-Valentine's Day, consisting of stuffing ourselves with as much sugar and carbs as possible. We went to the Tavern Co for tea, in Wavertree, Liverpool. It's a very popular Mexican/American restaurant known for having the nation's best breakfast for two years running, with fairly reasonable prices. I decided to have the garlic bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to start, and then the vegetable fajitas for my main. Both were amazing but very filling! The waiter also gave us all a red rose which was cute, and also offered to give us his number and a kiss, probably due to us being the only non-couples there... I guess we can at least say we pulled on Valentine's Day?! The Tavern has a lovely atmosphere with some really helpful staff, but I would definitely recommend booking early as they are so popular and book up fast. Next time I want to go for the breakfast, the blueberry pancakes sound divine.

Afterwards we came home and literally stuffed our faces whilst watching Sex and the City 2. It's a good film to watch on Valentine's Day: not too couply but loads of good-looking men and a sufficient dose of man hating. And a good one to revel over some of SJP's weirder outfit choices. What was she wearing to ride on that camel?! We also had one of my housemate's special banana mars bars to top the night off. All in all, a very successful Galentine's Day if I say so myself.
At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.




4 comments:

  1. The Tavern looks like such a great place! Liverpool is my local city but whenever I eat there, I always go the Liverpool One.. maybe I should venture out a bit haha! Glad you had a lovely Valentines :) xx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, with some amazing food! Thank you Samantha :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love The Tavern! Used to go here all the time when I was at uni in Liverpool. The breakfasts there are just so special!

    Sophia :)

    Small and Happy lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's sooo good! I will definitely be going back for breakfast some time soon :) xx

      Delete