Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Moon & Pea


The Moon and Pea, 64 Lark Lane, Aigburth, Liverpool, L17 SUU

This evening I went for a meal at The Moon & Pea on Lark Lane with my housemates. Lark Lane is a little street near Sefton Park with loads of small independent restaurants; I had never been before but my first experience was lovely. The Moon & Pea is a little bistro that has been open for 8 years and serves a wide variety of homemade food, including some of the best chunky chips I have ever tasted. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a selection of gorgeous homemade cakes and lots of different teas and hot chocolates. I went for the cajun veggie burger, which was served with chunky chips, coleslaw and a salad, and then a coffee and walnut cake for pudding (although I was very tempted by the banana sticky toffee pudding). I also tried rose lemonade, which was surprisingly really good. The bistro doesn't have a license so you are allowed to take alcoholic drinks along with you, which definitely saves money on the bill. I really enjoyed myself and am desperate to go back to try some of the other cakes - to be honest, anywhere that gives you Drumsticks with your bill is a winner in my book.

The rest of my day was spent at a rehabilitation centre for the blind and at a deaf workshop. I found it really interesting and informative; there were so many things I was ignorant about before both experiences, even little things like showing a blind person to a chair or how to lead them along properly. I also got to use a little of my sign language that I have been learning, and just to top the day off I got to stroke a guide dog. How. Cute. I miss my doggies so much!
Don't let happiness depend on something you may lose.
                           - C.S. Lewis




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment