Friday, 6 February 2015

Night of Netflix


This is what my night is looking like so far: Netflix and Glamour magazine. Sometimes I feel like I just need some time to myself to relax and look after myself a little. Today has been another long and fairly productive day in university, where I read an article I wrote for the Medical School magazine about depression and relationships, and signed up to volunteer for Papyrus, a charity designed to prevent young suicide.

I'm so proud of how much I have achieved regarding challenging the stigma around mental health and helping others in similar situations to mine, however sometimes I feel like I'm taking so much on that I don't have enough time to look after myself! Occasionally I feel like my mind is trying to catch my body up with how much it is doing, and tonight is one of those nights that I need to sit and reflect on my circumstances. I love helping others with their mental health; it also helps me to get better as I feel less guilty as I'm giving back to other people.

I'm really glad it's the weekend, I need to catch up on my sleep. I've got a laid-back couple of days filled with Judy's Vintage Fair tomorrow and a possible lazy breakfast out on Sunday. I hope you all have a good weekend!
Embrace who you are and don't make any apologies for being yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment