Sunday, 8 February 2015

Sunday Selfie


Wow web cameras have such poor quality, don't they? And to think that the average 20-something used to spend hours on them to their friends on MSN when they were 15 years old. Today hasn't been an overly exciting Sunday, in fact it's been nice and laid-back. This morning (well technically it was this afternoon) my housemates and I went for brunch at a cafe down the road from where we live, and I had a lovely round of cheese on toast with orange juice. Since then I've just finished some work off, and am about to get back into bed and binge-watch a few more episodes of Pretty Little Liars. I think a relaxed Sunday is needed by everyone at some point for their own mental health. This cute cat T-shirt was bought from the vintage fair yesterday for £5 - you can probably see it better on my Instagram. I think I have a bit of an obsession with cats on clothing, but it's just so adorable and can be worn with loads of items in my wardrobe. Today I wore it with a denim skirt (I haven't worn one of those since I was about 16!) - I'll definitely put some proper photos on here of it soon.

Tomorrow I start my psychiatry placement which I'm really excited about. Psychiatry was actually the reason I came into medicine as I have a massive interest in it, possibly due to my own mental health, so it will be really interesting to see if I enjoy my placement. I feel like I'd really be able to empathise with psychiatric patients and know what to say to them due to my own experiences. I'll keep you updated anyway, hope you're all having great Sundays!
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
                           - William Shakespeare



2 comments: