Friday, 20 February 2015

The power of music


It's amazing how music has the power to completely change your mood. There are certain songs that I listen to when I'm sad or happy - so I thought I would share them with you!


The song I can listen to any time of the day... My favourite artists are probably Bastille and George Ezra - Pompeii by Bastille is the most played song on my iPod and I can listen to it over and over again; it's so uplifting. I also love Budapest and Blame It On Me by George Ezra. Plus Counting Stars by OneRepublic never gets old.

My driving song... My motorway song is Greyhound by Swedish House Mafia; it's a great song to drive fast to. And my summer-driving-with-the-windows-down-song is Someday by Black Eyed Peas.

The songs that remind me of my childhood... Shania Twain reminds me of travelling along to caravan sites with my family while we were little, and Five was the album we used to play when travelling to the ferry to catch it to France. Man! I Feel Like a Woman! and That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain always get me singing out loud - they're also great songs to blast out in the car.

The song that I know all the words to... Embarrassingly, Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65 and You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins (great song).

The first concert I went to... S Club 7 with S Club Juniors!! I haven't actually been to many concerts, I would love to go to more but they are so expensive. Seeing Bastille and Beyonce live would be absolutely incredible.

The song that always gets me dancing... Shake It Off by Taylor Swift is a good one at the moment, as is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars.

The song that cheer me up... Dancing In The Moonlight by Toploader never fails to make me smile - and again Shania Twain, Bastille, George Ezra and any songs that I can sing all the words to.

The song that makes me sad... Jordin Sparks' No Air and Sam Smith's Stay With Me bring back bad memories for me. I can't listen to them without them bringing my mood down.

Favourite lines from songs... "He doesn't look a thing like Jesus" from The Killers' When You Were Young and "I came here from the Philippines, in the plane with some big, big dreams" from The Black Eyed Peas' Someday. I don't know why particularly to be honest!!

The song that makes me feel good about myself... Anything by Beyonce, Shake It Off by Taylor Swift, and All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor - they are all about being yourself and not caring what others think about you.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post! Music really does have the power to change your mood completely. I was inspired to do this post as I drove to my housemate Kelly's house for the weekend this evening and we were listening to loads of different songs on my iPod, which made me appreciate how much I love music and how much I love warbling along to certain artists. This evening we watched Pitch Perfect, which again had a musical element to it, whilst eating chocolate and biscuits and reminiscing about Kelly's childhood with her parents.
Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

7 comments:

  1. I totally loved S club AND S club juniors so I feel you! I love cheesy pop music, instant mood lifter for me!

    Sophia :)


    Small and Happy lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooo! I have such embarrassing cheesy pop music on my iPod, but it makes me feel so happy!

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post so much! Music is my favourite thing in the world :) Rebecca | www.rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I love music too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the line 'when everybody else refrained, my Uncle Johnny did cocaine ' from the song, Uncle Johnny by The Killers :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. And 'Shake It Off' can forever get my mind off things when I'm In a bad mood X

    ReplyDelete