Thursday, 5 February 2015

Time to Talk Day


Happy Time to Talk Day everyone! I wrote about Time to Talk Day a week or so ago, but basically it's a day where the charity Time to Change encouraged as many people as possible to have at least a 5 minute conversation about mental health. I wore my badge saying "I've had my conversation. Have you?" proudly around university and asked some of my friends to wear one too, and I also handed some of the Time to Talk leaflets out. I logged my 5 minutes on the Time to Change website (which you can also do here if you took part - there's still time to make a quick phone call and ask how someone is!) and was amazed to see that over 18 days worth of conversation has been created about mental health during the day!! How absolutely incredible is that?! It just goes to show that if a lot of people get behind a movement it can create a big difference. I really feel like the stigma around mental health is starting to change, and it is days like this that really show that.

I have been in university all day and got back home after 9pm, as I also had my sign language session tonight, which I really enjoyed. But now I'm exhausted after all that mental health chat and am ready for a double date with Netflix and my bed!
Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.



No comments:

Post a Comment