Saturday, 28 March 2015

10 reasons I love being home


1) Being close to my family and friends from home.
2) The smells of the countryside - I haven't smelt freshly cut grass or manure for months (weird).
3) FREE FOOD.
4) Long walks with my dogs.
5) Lie-ins every day of the week.
6) My dad's Saturday night meals.
7) Being able to drive my car.
8) Being looked after.
9) Being able to follow a family member around the house and chat for ages.
10) Having a break from the stresses of uni.

I feel so much more relaxed being at home; I don't think I realised how much I needed it. It has made me appreciate how lucky I am to live in the countryside and to be able to step outside my door and go on a lovely walk in the fields. Just walking my dogs yesterday made me feel less stressed and more free. Don't get me wrong, I love medicine, but sometimes I need a few days off from it.

Today has been spent in a cosy little study area that I created, doing a bit of work but mainly procrastinating and reading other blogs, before devouring my dad's amazing three course meal this evening. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!
The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see the true colours of everyone.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. It is always great to have a week or so away from the madness of University.
    I am staying in Liverpool till Thursday, but cannot wait to get home and enjoy all these things you are talking about!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely is, I hope you have a lovely time at home! xx

      Delete
  2. It's so important to get away from university every so often and just spend some time relaxing! I'm not home until Thursday but I'm ready for it now!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a lovely time at home Jenny :) xx

      Delete