Tuesday, 17 March 2015

20 ways to be happy right now


This is similar to my post on 50 reasons to live, but is more a list of things that you can do right now, rain or shine, to lift your mood slightly.

1) Buy some flowers. Because flowers help to brighten up a room and bring the outside in.
2) Change your bedding. Fresh, clean bedding is always a joy to get into.
3) Put your favourite music on. You can find my picks here.
4) Dance to said music. I often dance around the house to some uplifting music if I'm on my own, the endorphin release really helps to cheer me up.
5) Sing to said music. Sing as loudly as you can to your favourite music. The car is a great place to do this.
6) Have a candlelit bubble bath. With some chocolate. And a glass of wine if you really want to go all out.
7) Get lost in a good book. Take yourself away from your reality for a bit.
8) Go for a walk. Fresh air + exercise = happiness.
9) Stroke a pet. Spending time with my dogs always helps to cheer me up - stroking them has been proven to release tension and lower stress.
10) Have a nap. One of my favourite ways to escape and wake up feeling much happier.
11) Online shopping. You don't have the stress of physically going to the shops but still get the benefit of buying new things. And you get the extra excitement of a parcel being delivered to your house.
12) Wear your favourite clothes. The brighter the better - wear something that makes you feel really confident and good about yourself, or an item that you have been complimented on in the past. (Or those new shoes from your online shopping spree...)
13) Eat your favourite food. Lots of it. And don't feel bad about it.
14) Watch your favourite movie or TV show. A Netflix binge always helps to perk my mood up.
15) Follow some happy/motivational accounts on Instagram or Twitter. Baby Animal Pics or Happsters are always good.
16) Meditate. One of the items on my bucket list for this year was to meditate more often, and I have found myself feeling much more relaxed and happy since starting it, as well as living in the present moment more often.
17) Phone a loved one. A family member or friend, hearing a loved one's voice always helps me to feel happier. Plus they will probably have some motivational words for you. Speak to that person that you can guarantee will make you smile.
18) Write. Sometimes writing down your feelings can help you vent and get rid of whatever is bringing you down. Writing my blog posts always helps me.
19) Make plans for a holiday. Just thinking about going away somewhere can lift your mood immensely. Having something to look forward to is always a good thing.
20) Do something nice for someone else. Help the lady with all of the shopping; text your mum to tell her how much she means to you; buy some flowers for your sister. Sometimes carrying out a random act of kindness helps to lift your mood, as well as someone else's.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. I've been having a crappy couple of days, so I'm actually going to work through as much of this list as I can tonight :) I always read lists like this but never really do them! Starting with changing my bedding yayyy!!

    Great post Hannah!!

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay I hope you enjoy doing them all! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love your blog so much. Each and every one of your posts touches me or makes me happy in some way. You're an incredible, beautiful person. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so much Jade, this comment actually made me cry!! Thank you xx

      Delete