1) When pasta and Nutella became dietary staples.
2) The time I bought new pants from Primark as I couldn't be bothered to do a wash.
3) When getting the bus became a luxury treat instead of walking home.
4) The time I got annoyed when someone threw out my mouldy lettuce. I could have got one more meal out of that.
5) When I started sneaking toilet rolls from home to save money buying them.
6) The time we ran out of milk so I ate my bran flakes with water. Never try this at home.
7) When Asda became 'too expensive'. Aldi FTW.
8) When I started to cut mould off cheese and bread.
9) Using extra blankets for warmth instead of wasting valuable food money on heating.
10) When I got way too excited at being given new coloured pens.
11) When 99.9% of my wardrobe started to be bought from Primark.
12) When I had to drink wine from a mug.
13) Said wine only cost £2.25 and was the most vile thing I ever tasted.
14) Proudly receiving my free McFlurry from McDonald's.
15) When I started to spend 70% of my time in pyjamas.
16) When I started to keep all of the coupons I ever receive. Those 43 vouchers offering 40% off Domino's will come in handy one day.
17) The time I fell asleep in the library.
18) When I spent £60 on A BOOK.
19) Paying 5p to print a teeny page of text out. And wondering where my £9000 a year is going.
20) Wearing wrinkled clothes because I don't own an iron.
21) When I started to savour free hotel samples of shower gel and shampoo, and love receiving anything like that for birthdays/Christmas/when you ask your mum reallyyyy nicely. Toiletries are expensive y'know.
22) When I started to miss the big juicy Braeburn apples that we have at home - 93p kids-size apples just really don't make the cut.
23) When my social life started to revolve around the TV schedule with my housemates. Socialising is expensive.
24) When I started to be able to sleep for 16 hours straight but still feel like I need another 4. University is exhausting.
Oh, being a student - it's a life of luxury, eh? To be fair it's not all that bad. I love it most of the time and being able to get that extra 10% off in shops doesn't hurt. Plus a free McFlurry is always going to go down well.
The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live only as you can.
PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!