Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Chimichanga


Chimichanga, Unit 14, Southwater Square, Southwater Way, Telford, TF3 4JG

Tonight I have been to Chimichanga on the new Southwater complex in Telford with my friends Roxy and Jenny. Chimichanga is a Mexican restaurant serving a variety of food from fajitas to steak, or nachos to cajun chicken. They do an offer midweek (Monday-Thursday) where you can get two courses for £10.99 from a set menu if you book a table online, which I thought was fairly reasonable (see the offer here). We shared a huge bowl of nachos to start, and then I had a veggie enchilada and churros for dessert. All of the food was delicious, but I think my favourite was definitely the churros (avid readers will know my love of Spanish doughnuts - just look at this post about the Liverpool Food Festival). They also serve 2 for 1 cocktails before 7pm, so myself and Jenny treated ourselves to a couple of Mexican Jam Jars, which tasted like passion fruit. 

I also loved the decor in Chimichanga - it had a very rustic feel to it, with corrugated iron walls and old bicycle wheels as lampshades, and little cactuses dotted about. I would definitely go back again and try the fajitas next time, although I did think they were quite expensive from £11.95 for veggie ones.

Afterwards we went to Cineworld to watch Get Hard starring Will Ferrel and Kevin Hart. The film is about a millionaire that is framed for fraud and gets sent to jail, and turns to another man to prepare him and make him 'hard'. I found it hilarious and was giggling all the way through - a perfect end to a lovely day :)
You may not always end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you are meant to be.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. OK, so this is nothing about the post at all - apart from how delicious the food looks obvs ;) - but I am also from the midlands..! How strange is that?! xx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is really strange actually, both from the Midlands and both study in Merseyside!! :) xx

      Delete