Monday, 30 March 2015

Cortado

Apley Farm Shop
Coffee Cortado Bridgnorth

Shirt - New Look
Trousers - Primark
Denim Jacket - Vintage
Flatform Trainers - Primark (Similar)
Necklace - Utility* (Similar)

I have had a lovely day spent with my old school friend Jenny, catching up as I haven't seen her since before Christmas. We went to Apley Farm (see my post on it here) for lunch, and I had a tuna and cucumber sandwich with a side of chips. All of their lunch is amazing and fairly priced. Afterwards we went to a little town called Bridgnorth (see my post here - how blonde was my hair over the summer?!) - we visited a few of my favourite shops like the little vintage one called Tea & Roses, and I bought some make-up from Superdrug. I haven't found any make-up I've got excited about and wanted to buy for ages, but I found a few bits from Rimmel and MUA that I'm looking forward to trying out, including this eyeshadow primer and this bronzing stick. I also got some sweets from an old sweet shop, because who can resist? And then we went for a drink and a slice of cake at a new cafe in Bridgnorth, called Coffee Cortado, and I unfortunately wasn't that impressed. There was an upstairs so the view onto the high street was nice, and my hot chocolate was good, but the carrot cake was served really crumbly and didn't really taste that great. We decided the building would make an amazing location for a cocktail bar though!

I actually really love this outfit - it's laid back but could be made smarter by adding formal shoes and removing the denim jacket. I got this cute necklace from Utility in my NW Bloggers Meet Up goody bag the other week, and I love it! There are a few by the same brand, Estella Bartlett, and would be lovely as gifts. 

This evening my Grandparents came over so my sister and I cooked a meal for them; it was lovely spending a few hours together as usual. We are currently watching Beauty and the Beast - it's taking me back to my childhood!
Nothing is permanent in this world, not even our troubles.
                       - Charlie Chaplin




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments: