Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Forever Living


I was lucky enough to get the chance to try out a Forever Living pamper hamper for a few days, courtesy of Hannah, an old school friend. Hannah has set up a new business selling these products, which are all based on aloe vera, known to hydrate the skin and support the immune system.


ALOE-JOJOBA SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONING RINSE

This shampoo and conditioner were the first Forever Living products I used, whilst having a lovely bubble bath. They had a lovely light smell and were easy to use. They didn't create much lather like I am normally used to, but that made it more clear that they contained no harsh chemicals. After my hair dried it was lovely and soft, and actually had slightly more volume than usual. I probably wouldn't use these every day as they felt as though they could be slightly drying (and I have dry hair anyway), but would definitely consider adding them into my routine once a week or so - and they are supposed to be really good if you suffer from eczema on your scalp.


ALOE HAND & FACE SOAP

This soap can be used for the hands or face - although I used it on my body when I had my bath and it left my skin feeling really soft. It can also apparently be used as a shampoo for pets or children as it is so gentle and has a no-tears formula.


ALOE VERA TOOTHGEL

This toothpaste had an unexpected dark green colour to it, but was a lovely addition to my morning and evening routines. It had a minty flavour, but not too minty, and also had the benefits of not containing harsh fluoride, but still helped to whiten teeth and keep breath fresh. 


ALOE EVER-SHIELD DEODORANT STICK

I'm always sceptical about deodorants that don't contain aluminium as they often don't work as well as normal anti-perspirants, although they are supposed to be better for your skin. However I was pleasantly surprised as this one kept me smelling fresh all day. It took a while to completely soak in so I couldn't get dressed for a couple of minutes, but I would definitely recommend it if someone was looking for a gentle deodorant.


ALOE MOISTURIZING LOTION

I used this moisturiser on my face after cleansing. It had a lovely light scent that reminded me of a spa, and applied easily, absorbing into my skin well. It can also be used as a body moisturiser, or a base for make-up, and contains collagen and elastin to keep the skin smooth and soft. I have quite oily skin so would be slightly wary about using this every day on my face, however it didn't make my face shiny or break out so maybe I'm wrong about that! 


ALOE SCRUB

This was definitely my favourite product out of the lot. I used this with water to cleanse my face, and found that it left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. It was a soft exfoliator, unlike many of the harsh ones that feel as though they are scratching your face off, and had a pleasant light scent. I am really thinking about purchasing this, as it was such a good face product and really suited my skin type.


ALOE HEAT LOTION

Ahh, a lotion that can be used to soothe tired muscles during a massage. I rubbed this into my shoulders before getting into bed and it did feel really relaxing. It has a medicinal scent, a bit like Deep Heat, but wasn't unpleasant. It didn't have that much warmth to it like the name suggests, but it did leave my shoulder muscles feeling soothed and less tight. I feel like it would be really good for a foot massage... Any volunteers?


ALOE PROPOLIS CREME

This is a very thick cream that I used on my legs, as they are often the only place that I get really dry skin. It contains aloe vera, bee propolis and camomile to provide deep moisturisation to skin - I think it would be really good for conditions like eczema.


ALOE LOTION

This is a lighter cream than the moisturiser, and I used it on my body rather than my face. It didn't have that much of a smell, so would be good if you prefer that in a product, but I love scented body lotions that leave my skin smelling gorgeous. 


HAND SANITIZER

I loved the scent of this hand sanitiser; it had the fresh smell of lemon and lavender. It contains aloe and honey to hydrate the skin, and is designed to kill 99.9% of germs. It rubbed in easily, left my hands feeling clean, and wasn't drying like a lot of sanitisers can be. This would be a great product for me to take to hospital, for whenever I need a quick clean of my hands on the wards.


ALOE LIP BALM

I used this lip balm a couple of times to moisturise my lips when they were feeling a little dry. It had a lovely scent and left my lips hydrated for hours. It reminds me of Burt's Bees lip balms a little, which are one of my favourite brands.

Forever Living also do lots of other products, such as aloe vera drinks, make-up, and fitness and weight management products. I feel like they are a really good company to try out if you suffer with dry skin or eczema, as their products are so hydrating and soothing.

Hannah can be contacted about any further information you would like, or any orders, at hanmarsh@hotmail.co.uk. You can also access her little corner of the Forever Living website here. Thank you, Hannah, for letting me try out your pamper hamper - I really enjoyed using the products and would definitely recommend them to my friends and family!

Today has been spent in the GP practice and I am really enjoying it. I can really see myself doing it in the future. One of the highlights of today was when a man came in with his guide dog, and I got to stroke him for the whole consultation (the guide dog, not the man!). He was a golden retriever and was such a lovely dog - makes me miss mine at home!
People will love you. People will hate you. And none of it will have anything to do with you.
                          - Abraham Hicks




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! How good is this hamper!! I like the sound of all of it!! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of the heat lotion and strangely the tooth paste as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually loved the toothpaste haha! xx

      Delete
  3. This post is great although fluoride is the main ingredient that protects teeth from tooth decay without Flouride we would all need fillings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound excellent, I know I could do with a few of those! I'm curious about the heat product especially - I think I'm allergic to deep heat, but I'm not sure exactly which ingredient it is that causes the problem!
    Also, that's so cute about the guide dog! No dogs on my GP placement, but I've done a lot of soothing babies while their mums are being examined and that's nearly as good :D
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat lotion was great - really relaxing. You could definitely have a try with it as an alternative to deep heat :)

      Awww yes I love the little babies too, they are so cute! xx

      Delete