Wednesday, 11 March 2015

How you doinnn'

Tavern Co Liverpool Pancakes Breakfast
UK Fashion Blogger
Camouflage Jacket
Central Perk Liverpool
Central Perk Liverpool

Liverpool Albert Dock
Bakchic Liverpool Salad
Bakchic Liverpool Burger
Bakchic Liverpool Baklava

Shirt - New Look
Jeans - Asos
Jacket - Vintage (Similar)
Trainers - H&M
Bag - New Look
Scarf - New Look

Wow, that's a lot of photos! I never quite realise how many I'm taking. Today has been quite busy, filled mainly with lots of food. This morning I went to The Tavern Co with my friends, which is supposed to sell the best breakfast in the UK - and I believe it. I had blueberry pancakes and a couple of slices of doorstop toast and it was literally incredible. I have never tasted such good pancakes before - they were really thick and soft and moist. And the doorstop toast was amazing too; probably the thickest bread I have ever seen.

My sister came up to Liverpool to see me this afternoon so we went shopping around Liverpool One with a couple of stops for drinks and food. We went to Central Perk (based on the cafe in Friends) for a slice of cake. We chose coffee cake and it was slightly expensive (£3.50 for a slice) but was delicious and the cafe was very like the one in the TV series. It had very similar decor, especially the yellow sofa. And Friends episodes run while you relax with a drink and some food. They also have quite a few events on, such as quizzes and live singers so it has a lovely atmosphere.

We walked around the docks while the sun set and it made me realise how beautiful Liverpool actually is, especially that particular area. The Albert Dock has so many different shops and restaurants; you could spend hours there. And the buildings all have such interesting architecture. We then traipsed to Bakchic, a Lebanese restaurant on Bold Street, for tea with friends. It has a row of long tables so you are sat next to other groups of people, but that gave it a sociable atmosphere and it didn't feel weird at all. I decided to have the veggie burger, consisting of halloumi cheese and falafel, and then shared some baklava and frozen yoghurt with my sister for pudding. The food had a lot of flavour to it and was really good - I would definitely go back again. I would also recommend the fruit juices, as they were quite obviously freshly squeezed and tasted amazing!

All in all I have had a great day filled with great food and even greater people, and am ready for my bed now. I've also just realised that I have basically eaten out three times today. Oops.
Never be afraid to fall apart because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all along.
                  - Rae Smith




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. We 100% need to meet you know! I'm at Edge hill so only a train ride into Liverpool.. you should take me to central perk ;) xx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow yeah we should! Central Perk is so good, it would be lovely to meet there :) xx

      Delete