Saturday, 7 March 2015

Midcourse Ball

WARNING: This post is going to be very picture-heavy!


Dress - Sheinside
Clutch Bag - New Look

These photos are all from last night at our midcourse ball, which was to celebrate being halfway through our degree. It took place at the Isla Gladstone Conservatory in North Liverpool, which is a beautiful building made mainly out of glass, and was decorated with fairy lights and candles. It was such a gorgeous setting and was so lovely to see everyone looking dressed up and beautiful - and our meal of a pie for our starter, roasted vegetables and halloumi cheese for the main, and strawberry cheesecake for pudding was amazing. We had entertainment from The Flynn and Tonics which were really good, putting their twist on modern music, and afterwards danced the night away to a DJ. We had an after party held at PanAm on the docks and left about 3am to fall into bed and have a loooonggg sleep. I had a really, really good night - it has been so hyped up but definitely lived up to expectations. Congratulations everyone on getting this far, next up is our post-finals boat party!!

I actually got quite upset last night (hence my depressing post at 4am this morning) but I think it was mainly because I was so overwhelmed - plus a toxic cocktail of alcohol and hormones. Quite a few people came up to me and told me that they loved my blog, and it really hit me how many people know about my depression. That is quite scary for me as just over 6 months ago hardly anyone knew about my mental health. I came home and cried as I thought I had wrecked all of my friends' nights, but actually they said today that I hadn't. It was just my depression talking and my negative thoughts telling me otherwise. I love that so many can relate to my blog and that it helps a lot of people, but I don't want to be known as 'the girl with depression'. I hope that my personality comes across in my writing too! My friends were so supportive last night - thank you so much and I love you all lots!

It really just goes to show that anyone can have depression, even medical students who are all very intelligent. And you can feel lonely even when you're surrounded by hundreds of people, looking like you are having a good time. I am a normal person with a normal life - some people think that bloggers' lives are so glamorous, but really mine is centred around food and the TV schedule most nights. It's okay to get upset, even if you are having the best night of your life. Depression can affect anyone and can strike at any time - I am just so glad that I enjoyed myself and had an amazing night despite it. I guess it shows that you can overcome it if you try really hard!

Lots and lots of love to whoever needs it out there right now,
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. You looked beautiful- what a lovely dress. Plus your hair is so gorgeous! I always think medic events are the best - congratulations on getting to halfway :) And I can relate to feeling low even on a great night. I've had my (un)fair share of nights of just hating myself and wanting to feel happy but not being able to... you're doing great though, especially to have been able to get out to such a big event and I'm glad you had a good night :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! They definitely are, we always have so much fun on them :) Yeah it's awful as you feel like you should be having fun but it's really difficult to make yourself. Thank you :) xx

      Delete