Saturday, 14 March 2015

#NWbloggersmeetup


Blouse - New Look
Skirt - Asos
Bag - New Look
Shoes - New Look

Today I have been to the North West Bloggers Meet up in Liverpool, and had such a good time. 25 bloggers met at Kabinett in Liverpool, which is a lovely little wine bar in a basement near the Philharmonic Hall. It had lovely decor with brick walls and leather sofas, and was hired out specifically for our event.


There were a couple of brands being represented there - the lovely Junkbox, who sell homemade knitted hats and necklaces, as well as self-designed T-shirts and notebooks with the owners' own gorgeous travel photos. They are based in Chester but are hoping to set up an online space on Asos Marketplace; in the meantime you can follow them on Twitter here. The company Natalie Roche were also represented, who sell beauty products from Xen-Tan, GLAMGLOW and Amazing Cosmetics. We received a few samples from them so I can't wait to try the GLAMGLOW face mask as they are supposed to be really good!



We were served a perfect mixture of cocktails and cupcakes - I had a Cosmopolitan which was delicious (although slightly pricey at £7). The cupcakes were from Hello and... and were amazing - they all had jam or chocolate in the middle and loads of icing on top, which is always a good thing. The ones that said 'Happy Blogging!' on the top were really thoughtful too.


We also received an INCREDIBLE goody bag, full of things from loads of different brands. It was like Christmas opening it when I got home! The bag included food from Propercorn (who I am already a fan of), Mello Mallo (I've already eaten my marshmallow - amazing) and The Dessert Counter, who gave us a box of macarons which are so adorable. The bags also had lots of beauty bits from brands like Witch Skincare, Crabtree & Evelyn and Balmi. Not to mention Sweet Cecily's, who sent us the personalised lip balms (with my FACE on the front) in their custom mojito flavour, which smells like limes and mint - probably one of my favourite items of the day. I really want to try their banoffee one next! I've also wanted to try Lipcote's lipstick sealer for a while, so I was excited to find that included too. There was also some stationery included from Stabilo and Busy B, as well as customised #blogger bracelets from Bespoke Bracelets. I will definitely be reviewing some of my favourite products on my blog soon.

But the best part of the day had to be meeting all of the lovely bloggers. I spent most of the afternoon with Tasha from Hello Tasha (who kindly took my outfit photos for me) and she is an incredible girl with a blog that is worthwhile having a read of. I also got to finally meet the lovely Emma from A Little Freckle, a blog that I have been following for a while, and Sammy from Little Fickle, who is so amazing as she managed to organise the whole of the #NWbloggersmeetup. I have also been reading her blog for a couple of months and really enjoy the mixture of lifestyle and opinion posts - they are so refreshing to read. I unfortunately didn't manage to meet everyone at the event, but did manage to speak to the lovely Sophie from Avenue de Sophie, Katy from The Lilac Scrapbook, Rachael and Emma from Rach & Emma, Liv from Olivia Cheryl, and Emma from Emma Louise. I have been reading their blogs this evening and have really enjoyed them - definitely check them out if you get the chance!

I would like to say a massive thank you to Sammy who organised this, and Kabinett who hosted us. I had an absolutely amazing day and really enjoyed meeting you all. Today has really made me realise how much I love blogging and how lovely and like-minded fellow bloggers are. Discussing statistics and camera settings didn't seem so strange in that situation! I have got so much out of my blog and feel like I have formed new friendships through it too, which is amazing. Hopefully I will see you all again soon!
The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

10 comments:

  1. Wow looks like a fantastic event!
    I visited Kabinett a few Sundays ago for a drink and absolutely fell in love with it :)
    I am going to add all these blogs to my reading list, it will be nice to have some fellow North West blogs to read :)
    Rosie
    x

    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really enjoyed it! Kabinett was such a lovely little place. I would, they are all great reads :) xx

      Delete
  2. What an amazing goodie bag - I love the personalised packaging from Sweet Cecily's, such a nice touch! And this was the perfect post to stumble upon just as I'm looking for some new blogs to read - gonna make my way through the links this Sunday afternoon!

    Bxx
    www.b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an incredible goodie bag, and I think the lip balm is my favourite. That's great! xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant post!!! So impressed how quickly you got this done and you've covered everything :) Great photos and I loved your outfit! So glad to have finally met you and hopefully we can do something soon!!

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Yes it was lovely to meet you too - we should definitely do something again soon :) xx

      Delete
  4. Darling I'm so sad I didn't really get to chat to you!! Next time!! Your photography of the event is amazing I'm directing people to you because I was an idiot and left my SD card at home! aha! http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be lovely to speak to you next time! Thank you very much :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hannah! You looked lovely! It was so nice to meet you! I love your post your pictures are great!! <3 You got this up so quick too go you!! Xx

    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liv!! It was lovely to meet you too :) xx

      Delete