Monday, 23 March 2015

Year of Happy: March


All Postcards - Paperchase

Following on from the Year of Happy that I have committed to, March's prompt is:

"Create an inspiration board using your favorite colors, images, or sayings. Haul out those old issues of Glamour and go to town! Hang it somewhere you will see it every day so that you can feel happy and inspired whenever you look at it."

I decided to interpret this in my own way, and create this small wall montage with these postcards from Paperchase. I have wanted to do this for a while, so Year of Happy gave me the perfect excuse! My Pinterest is always filled with images of lots of pictures stuck up on a wall, so it's nice to own a little of that now. I love how I will wake up every morning and see them, and be able to add to them as I go along - I'm also thinking about sticking some photos up there too.

I picked postcards that all mean something too me or inspire me. The three animal ones were chosen because I love animals, and they made me laugh, which is always a good thing (especially the elephant trying to get on the bus). The 'Let's go' and 'Paris' ones are because I love travelling - and I want to visit Paris properly some time soon. I went when I was younger but I can't remember it very well, and it looks like such a beautiful city. The 'best day ever' postcard is to remind me that I can turn any day into a really good day if I try, and the 'have fun' one is to stop me from taking things too seriously, and enjoy myself. And lastly I liked the quote, 'create your own story'. I'm a sucker for a good quote (which you've probably noticed on my blog), and I like how this one shows that you can change your life for the better if you want to. I have; I've used my blog to help overcome my depression and completely turn my life around.

I also have another project going that I could write about for my March Year of Happy post - I have a little scrapbook that I add cuttings to out of magazines to help myself relax. I may show you a little of that soon; I love being creative and find that it really helps me feel better.

Today has been very tiring as I have been on my GP placement all day. I'm still really enjoying it and am actually taking some consultations while the GP watches, which is really exciting. But for now I have a date with Netflix and my cosy bed.
The things that make me different are the things that make me.
                                - Winnie the Pooh




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments: