Thursday, 20 August 2015

Euston Way Beefeater, Telford


Last week I was kindly offered some vouchers* towards a meal out at the Euston Way Beefeater in Telford, and of course I snapped them up - you must all know by now how much I enjoy my food - and tonight I took my family out with me to try the restaurant out. The Beefeater chain are grill and steak restaurants, and Euston Way is situated opposite the Telford Central train station.


As soon as we arrived the staff were really friendly and attentive. It took a while for us to sit down at our table due to the restaurant being so busy, but we took that as a good sign to mean that the food would be good.


The decor was lovely inside - with lots of pictures of cows and farmyard-like references, with bricks and wood covering most of the surfaces. I loved this light fixture in the photo above, that was hanging above our table - it reminded me of huge wine glasses.


I had a banana milkshake to drink, which took a while to come as it was from the kitchen, but tasted delicious. The Beefeater also offer refillable soft drinks, so I had about 4 cokes too (you have to make the most out of your money!).


Our server was called Ryan and was really lovely - it felt like he couldn't do enough for us. He popped over regularly to check whether we needed anything else, and got things done quickly when we asked for it.


For our starter we decided to share the baked camembert and nachos. The camembert was served with 3 pieces of ciabatta bread (we could have done with a little more but I guess we didn't want to get too stuffed), and some gorgeous sweet onion marmalade, that went perfectly with the garlicky cheese. The nachos were served with spicy bean chilli in the middle, as well as sour cream and salsa. The chilli was gorgeous; I'd never tasted anything like it before. I was almost too stuffed for my main!


The Beefeater have an evening fixed menu where it is 2 courses for £12.29, or 3 for £14.29, as well as the normal menu with more choices. I chose my main off the fixed menu, opting for the veg-out burger, with an extra burger for good measure. This was served with chunky chips and coleslaw, although I could have chosen any of the sides off the menu. Most of my family also had a burger, but my little sister went for fish and chips. Mum had the pulled pork burger which was quite different and she said that she really enjoyed it.

My veggie burger was made from Quorn, and although it was nice I have to admit it wasn't the nicest I have ever had - I much prefer the burgers that are made up of vegetables. I find Quorn burgers to be a little dry, but it was made more moist with the addition of melted cheese and a tomato. The chips were amazing; they had a spicy seasoning (which was optional - there was also the opportunity for chilli and lime seasoning), and the coleslaw was good too.

We also had macaroni cheese pasta as a side (because why not when you've got money towards a meal out?), which was incredible - I'd never had it as a side before but actually really enjoyed it.


I think if I went to the Beefeater again I would probably opt for the salmon or vegetable and tomato linguine - they were my second choices and sounded delicious.

I had just about enough room to fit in an ice-cream sundae - I think I was storing it in my toes by then - so went for the cookie dough sundae, whereas my sister had the eton mess. They were both really good and were devoured completely. My other sister had sticky toffee pudding, and Mum the melt-in-the-middle chocolate pudding, which disappeared before I'd even finished photographing my sundae. My family have to get used to me photographing all of our food before they are even allowed to touch it nowadays (#bloggerproblems).
Overall we had a really great meal at the Beefeater and would definitely go back again. As we were leaving they were setting up for breakfast for tomorrow morning which looked very interesting - it was continental and it looked like there would be a lot of food. They also offer a daytime menu that is available before 6.30pm Monday-Saturday, with prices starting from £4.99, and a Sunday Lunch menu. Beefeater have a rewards card that is worth joining, as you collect 5 points for every £1 you spend, as well as a free meal on your birthday.

We had great service and are thoroughly stuffed this evening (I feel like I never want to look at food again right now) - plus it was lovely to spend a few quality hours together as a family. Thank you for having us, Beefeater!
You only fail when you stop trying.



1 comment: