Sunday, 30 August 2015

LIMF day 2

Just to pre-warn you: the photos in this post are not going to be that great because they are either taken with my phone or my awful ancient digital camera!


This morning we decided to go to The Tavern Co for breakfast (you kind of have to when you're in Liverpool), which I have mentioned on here many times before. My friend Maya and I decided to share the banana and toffee pancakes, and the Nutella and strawberry pancakes. They were both so delicious, but I still don't think they beat the blueberry pancakes that I'd usually go for! I also had some doorstop toast because that's also really good, with some fresh orange juice to wash it all down.


This evening we once again went to Sefton Park for our second round of LIMF. We got there just as Katy B finished her set and the next act wasn't due on for another half an hour, so we decided to go on some of the rides.


They cost £3 each which I thought was a little steep, but I guess that is to be expected at a festival. We went on the Twister first (pictured below), where I proceeded to squish my sister. Afterwards we went on the dodgems which was so much fun - we couldn't stop giggling the whole way round and I came off feeling slightly dizzy and sick. I love going on funfair rides and feeling like a little kid again.


Top - Forever 21 (Old)
Leather Jacket - H&M
Jeans - Topshop
Headscarf - Primark
Trainers - Liverpool St John's Centre

It was a little chillier tonight than yesterday, so I decided to put on my good old jeans and throw a leather jacket over the top for a more rock 'n' roll kinda vibe.


By the time we had finished on the rides, Labrinth was about to come on the stage, so we scrambled into the crowd of thousands to get a fairly decent view. He sung most of his more famous songs, like Let the Sunshine, Earthquake, Beneath You're Beautiful and Jealous, as well as his new single Slipstream (which is actually really catchy). He really got the crowd going and was such a good singer - I didn't realise how amazing he would be live. As it started getting darker he asked everyone to get out their phones, which looked incredible (you can see a video of that here), and really got the crowd into a party mood by asking us to sing along. I actually think it's the best gig I've ever been to as I enjoyed myself so much!


The sun set into a beautiful pink sky and I actually think it was the most perfect evening ever. I had such a good time and can't wait to go again tomorrow! The organisers of LIMF have done such a good job, especially considering that the whole thing is completely free to the public. I would definitely recommend a visit if it is on again in 2016.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time, lovely pics! xx
    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete