Monday, 24 August 2015

Ludlow


Today my sister and I decided to venture to Ludlow for the afternoon. Ludlow is a medieval market town in south Shropshire, and was once described by Sir John Betjeman as "probably the loveliest town in England". It has nearly 500 listed buildings, many in the traditional white and black Tudor style, as well as a castle that can be visited for a small fee.


There are loads of little pretty shops in Ludlow, including The Silver Pear, pictured above, as well as many charity shops. There is not much in the way of large high-street stores, except Boots, so it's not the place to go for a huge shopping spree - but it's a lovely day out if you want to wander around some old streets and see some beautiful architecture.


We actually largely ended up going in the charity shops and found some real bargains! I don't often find much, but today we bought a fair amount; mainly books. But we also found the entire 6 seasons of Sex and the City for only £9.99 - how could we turn that down?! I think you really have to root around in charity shops to find things worth buying, but I always find the book shelves a good place to start for some cheap reads.


Top - Primark
Skirt - Asos
Denim Jacket - Vintage
Sandals - Primark
Headscarf - Primark

I felt slightly silly walking around in a short skirt and no tights on a wet day like today, but it is technically still summer. I did carry my trusty umbrella with me all afternoon, although I didn't actually use it once. I really like this outfit even though I threw it together this morning - I think the printed headscarf pulls the colours all together, and this fringed bag is so fun but practical.


Of course we had to have a stop at Costa, for a huge hot chocolate (the mug was literally nearly the size of my face - proof is on Instagram here) and some ginger biscuits. I had a great day - it's always so nice to just spend time with my sister and catch up properly on what's going on in each other's lives. Thank you Katie for getting up earlier than you would have liked to spend the day with me! (I woke her up at midday - that's early for her (and my) standards).
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.



2 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! Looks lovely. Ludlow looks like a great place to visit, I remember reading about it when I was younger in a book set in the medieval times so I can imagine it being so cute and magical!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ludlow looks lovely!
    I love the tudor architecture they have going on.
    I agree about charity shops, the book shelves are always where I head.
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete