Wednesday, 12 August 2015

No7 Skincare Haul


Last week when I went to the No7 blogger's event in the Telford Boots I mentioned that I had picked up a few skincare products, so I thought that I would tell you a little about them on here, as I have been using them for about a week so far.



This oil is supposed to be applied to dry skin to remove all traces of make-up, before washing the residue off afterwards. I have been using it at night before bed, and it literally melts make-up off. It can be used around the eye area as well, and really does seem like magic as my mascara just disappears! It contains vitamin E and rosehip oil to hydrate the skin, and is sold as a product for normal to dry skin, but I have oily skin and the girls at No7 said it would be fine for me. I was a little hesitant about putting even more oil on my face at first, but after I used it it left my face feeling really soft and clean. Apparently it hydrates the areas that need a bit of moisture, and balances out other areas that are a little greasy.

The cleansing oil can also be used to clean make-up brushes, which is really handy. Just put a couple of squirts onto a brush, rub it in a little, and it literally melts the make-up and grime off it. It has more than one use, plus you only need a couple of squirts a time so it will last for ages, which is great for £11. It also has 41 five star reviews on the Boots website, so it must be good.



This is basically No7's version of the notorious micellar water. I have been using this after the cleansing oil, to remove every last scrap of make-up before I go to bed. I just pump a couple of squirts onto a cotton wool pad and wipe it all over my face, including around my eyes and neck. It is really gentle so doesn't sting my eyes at all (although I am careful not to actually get it on my eyeball!), and is designed for normal to oily skin, to balance out shine and greasiness. It contains zinc to control oil, and leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean. I'm making sure that I use this every evening, even if I haven't worn make-up that day, to really cleanse my skin.



This particular night cream is for normal to oily skin, although they do do a version for normal to dry, or dry to very dry skin (and day cream versions of all of them). All the different ranges have different colours to make it easy to tailor your skincare to your skin type - the oily skin range is light green.

I have been spreading this night cream all over my face and neck after cleansing in the evening, and have noticed such a difference to my skin. It doesn't feel greasy at all when I wake up and I have been suffering with less breakouts (in fact I haven't had any the past few days which is so unusual for me); plus my scars seem a little less red. It also hydrates your skin when it is needed, and is hypo-allergenic to prevent any reactions to it. It has a lovely smooth texture, not too thick like some night creams, and is lovely and cool too. The best thing about it for me is the smell, which I personally don't think is too overpowering - I can't stop sniffing my face at night! Some people may not like having a scented night cream, but I really love it.



I wasn't particularly looking for a new foundation when I went to the No7 event, as I am quite happy with my current Rimmel one, but one of the girls asked if I would like to try the Beautifully Matte foundation and I agreed, feeling a little sceptical. She first started by matching a colour to my skin, using that wonderful gadget that scans your face to find the perfect fit (their Match Made Service).

When I finally got to look in the mirror at my face, I was amazed. My skin looked so smooth and blemish and oil-free, and it hardly looked like I was wearing any make-up. So naturally, I had to buy it. I bought the shade Beige and it matches my skin perfectly. It also does what it says on the tin - keeps my skin looking matte and shine-free for the rest of the day. This foundation can also be used as a concealer as it is full-coverage, and no powder needs to be used afterwards due to its matte effect.

The only downside to the foundation is that it has a little bit of a funny smell when it is first applied, which is apparently the ingredients that make it matte working on your skin. I didn't particularly mind the smell, and it does disappear after it has been smoothed in. It also costs £13.50 which is a little more than I would usually spend on a foundation, but Boots often offer £3 off No7 make-up, and I was so impressed with it that I think it was worth the price.

I had never really used No7 products before I went to the event, but I was so impressed by what I bought. I will definitely be going back to the No7 counter when these products run out, and will probably repurchase all of them. Since using the skincare items my skin has been clearer than ever, free of spots and less oily - I have especially noticed the last few days. It's probably put me on a bit of a downward spiral as I'm now looking at some of the other No7 products, seeing what I could try next! Watch this space...
When life gets blurry, adjust your focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment