Monday, 31 August 2015

Sex and the City


Today was supposed to be all about day 3 of LIMF, but, well, it didn't happen. We were going to go about 4.30pm but by that time it was raining and we all felt really drained. I woke up this morning not feeling too great mentally, which is the first time in a few weeks, so I had really low energy all day - it took me an hour just to psych myself up to go to The Co-op to buy some toilet rolls. By the time I dragged myself to the shop I decided to buy some chocolate to help cheer myself up (and sugar is good for an energy boost, right?), so my sister and I had an afternoon spent on the sofa watching Sex and the City whilst pigging out. Sometimes that is actually what you really, really need.

I feel a lot better this evening, albeit really tired. I'm also really missing my family at the moment after spending so much time with them, so I'm finding that hard. It is our first day back as fourth year medics tomorrow (!!!) so I'm getting an early night and hoping that I wake up a bit fresher tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
I realised this week that I just cannot do it all. So I will choose to do what I can, fabulously.
                          - Clinton Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment