Saturday, 22 August 2015

Wightwick Manor


So I have something to confess... I enjoy going to National Trust properties. I think I should now retire to bed with a blanket over my knees and my false teeth in a jar.

No really, I enjoy learning about the history of places and looking around the beautiful gardens. Plus the cake in the tea rooms is always amazing. Today my family and I ventured to Wightwick Manor near Wolverhampton, which has 17.5 acres of land to explore plus the large Victorian house.


We explored the house first, which was really interesting with lots of art and Victorian items, as well as lots of fabrics designed by the famous William Morris.


Blouse - New Look
Skirt - Glamorous
Trainers - Liverpool St John's Centre

I am really loving this skirt at the moment - the corduroy and paisley print make it look effortlessly 70's, and because of the dark colour it will also look great when the weather gets colder with tights and boots. The only downside is that it is done up with poppers; occasionally when I sit down the bottom one decides to pop open, which is slightly embarrassing!


After wandering around the shop and gardens we sat down outside the cafe for a drink, as the weather was so lovely. This rose lemonade was delicious - it had a slight hint of rose mixed with the tangy lemon. I also had a couple of bites of Mum's coffee cake; I would very much recommend!


Apart from that I have just been sat around reading and watching TV. I had the best night's sleep I have had in ages last night. It's so amazing to have felt generally really positive this summer, especially when I compare myself to last year. Fingers crossed it carries on!
Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are.
                     - Marianne Williamson



3 comments:

  1. Old manor houses are my dream house!! Love your skirt x

    http://www.ode2vogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this looks like somewhere lovely to explore! Visiting NT homes doesn't make you an old lady, don't worry! I wish I did more things like this in my spare time. Much more culturally enriching than netflix, that's for sure.

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NT properties too, I have even debated buying a membership!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete