1) Hair... EVERYWHERE. The plug hole constantly looks like it's been attacked by a small animal.
2) That old myth that menstrual cycles sync when girls live together? Yeah, not a myth. And it's a pain in the bum.
3) If there was an apocalypse, you would have enough products in the bathroom to keep all of you and your friends going for at least a year.
4) You always have someone's wardrobe to raid. Don't have a plain black top? No worries - one of your housemates will (admittedly, this is usually my housemates raiding my wardrobe... I have too many clothes).
5) You get to know everyone's bathroom/sleeping/getting ready habits in depth, and often find yourself planning your mornings around them.
6) You become comfortable wandering around the house in your pyjamas with no bra or make-up on, resembling a troll. And are only slightly embarrassed when one of your housemate's boyfriends see you in that state.
7) You develop a TV routine, and know who's programmes are on when. You also become mortally offended if your housemate watches your shared programme without you.
8) You always have someone to get into bed with and have a cuddle.
9) There's always someone up for stuffing their face with a takeaway pizza with you. Or crisps and dip. Or devouring a whole bottle of wine on a weeknight. And nobody else will judge you for it - they will probably just be envious that they didn't join in the fun.
10) Every available surface becomes a surface to dry clothes on. You will often walk into the hallway full of your housemate's knickers and not blink an eyelid.
11) You get pretty disgusting in front of each other, and/or discuss gross topics. Popping a spot in front of the bathroom mirror while your housemate is brushing their teeth? Completely normal. Discussing toilet habits? Of course (this is even more prevalent when you live with medics that may or may not have just diagnosed themselves with ulcerative colitis with secondary toxic megacolon).
12) The drama and gossip when someone gets a new boyfriend. And when their boyfriend leaves the toilet seat up, don't even get us started. Grrrr...
13) You always have someone to cheer you on during tough times.
14) At any one stage, especially the weekends, someone will probably have done some baking. And left it out on the side for you to help yourself to. Yum.
15) The house always looks nice due to the candles/cushions/blankets/cute mugs littered around the place.
16) The best thing about living with a group of girls is that you'll always have a laugh together and make lots of memories to look back on, whether on a night out or having a quiet night in.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.