Tuesday, 22 March 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #6

I find these posts really therapeutic, as they help me focus on the smaller things in my life that make it great. Sometimes I find it difficult to think of 6 things that made me happy - but there's always something when I think hard enough!

1) Meal at The Font
For anyone that is a student in Liverpool, they will know about The Font. It is a pub at the edge of the University of Liverpool campus that sells really cheap food and drink. I went there this evening with a group of people after a GP society AGM, and had a veggie burger with goats cheese and chutney, which was amazing. But you can't go to The Font without sampling their famous curly fries - I shared some with my friend that had parmesan cheese and garlic on top. Literally the best fries you'll ever find - and a huge bowl for £2.50.

2) Driving
I have brought my car up to Liverpool for the week so that I can drive home for Easter on Thursday. It's so simple, but I love driving - it's so nice to have the freedom and to be able to warble along badly to a compilation CD (oh yes, I made a compilation CD especially for it...).

3) Elective planning
At the end of our fourth year at medical school we have to do a medical elective, where we spend 4 to 5 weeks in a medical setting anywhere in the world. I am going to Fiji with a couple of friends, so it has been very exciting to plan our trip out there, and where we will be travelling afterwards.

4) Discovering new things to watch
Recently I have really got into watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix, but I also have a Jack Whitehall stand-up comedy show on my list of things to watch. I love finding new series to watch, as it is something I do in my down-time to take my mind away from medicine.

5) Daffodils
I love daffodils - they are one of my favourite flowers. I think because they signal the start of spring and are such a cheerful colour. We have one lone daffodil outside our house at the moment, and it makes me smile every time I see it.

6) A lie in
Today I lay in bed until 12.30, and it was glorious. I think I need days like today to recharge my batteries so that I'm ready to take on the rest of the week, so I'm looking forward to having a whole week of lie-ins next week for Easter!
Make yourself a priority once in a while. It's not selfish. It's necessary.



1 comment:

  1. An elective in Fiji sounds amazing! I'm not sure if I know anyone going there in my year, but if I do hear from anyone I'll let you know about their experiences! I love the feeling that spring is really here now, and the daffodils make me smile too :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete