Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Feeling stronger


Pinafore - Primark
Striped Top - New Look
Denim Jacket - Vintage
Shoes - New Look (Old)

Today I have been feeling almost back to my normal self. I woke up to the dogs barging into my bedroom and immediately felt much more positive than I have the past couple of days. I went to Wetherspoons for breakfast with my parents and found myself singing along to my iPod on the way, which is always a good sign for me. My mum said she could tell that I was feeling much better, as she could see it in my general demeanor. The rest of the day was mainly spent sleeping, before getting the train back up to Liverpool - and I was actually looking forward to coming back and seeing my friends, which is yet another sign that I am feeling stronger.

I have had such supportive messages from my friends the past few days, and it makes me realise how lucky I am. All of my best friends have text me just asking how my days have been, and I even received a card off a family friend that was so lovely that it made me cry. I wrote a Tweet earlier saying, "Finally feeling strong enough to go back to uni and get back to being a medical student", and got some amazing messages of support back, including a number of likes. I guess that made me realise that I'm not in this on my own, and that so many other people also suffer from depression and do understand how hard it can be sometimes. Everyone seemed genuinely proud of me for being able to feel stronger after a few days off, and that made me think about how well I am doing with my mental health.

So tomorrow I'm planning on heading back into my psychiatry placement with a clear head. There's only two more days this week, so I should be able to get through them without being too tired (my depression really knocks me around and makes me very fatigued) - and then it's the weekend again!
Do things for you, not for the approval or satisfaction of others. You'll attract the people who will matter.



1 comment: