Monday, 17 October 2016

Home is where the heart is



After a weekend at home it's always so hard to leave and go back up to Liverpool for another week at university. I get back into having all of my home comforts and my dogs and family around me, and leaving that behind doesn't get any easier, even though I've been at university for over 4 years now.

And I really do love Liverpool - it has become my second home and will always have a special place in my heart. I'm hoping to be there for another couple of years for my foundation doctor years. But I guess home will always be home, and it will probably always be difficult to leave. Especially when I know when I'm going back to Liverpool for 8am starts and long(ish) shifts in hospital. I just want to be home where my mum can look after me and my dogs will snuggle in bed with me in the mornings!

I always feel a bit down whenever I have to leave to go back, but I think that's just normal for everyone - a normal human reaction. I've decided to drive straight to hospital tomorrow morning so that I can squeeze in an extra night at home; plus I get to see my dogs in the morning then :)

Also look at Buster's adorable face - how could I possibly want to leave him?
It's not what happens, it's how you handle it.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment