Sunday, 22 January 2017

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda book


As you may well know, I have really got into psychological thrillers lately (Lucy Dawson's Everything You Told Me got me hooked). So when the chance to review All the Missing Girls came up, I was very excited to receive it and start reading as the blurb sounded very intriguing.

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda book review

All the Missing Girls follows the story of Nicolette, a girl from a small town in rural America. 10 years ago, her best friend Corinne disappeared and was never seen again. Nicolette returns to her hometown when her father's health deteriorates, after receiving a letter from him saying, "I need to talk to you. That girl. I saw that girl". Whilst Nicolette is home, another girl disappears, almost 10 years to the day since Corinne went missing. All the Missing Girls slowly unravels the mystery behind the two girls' disappearances, and reveals some shocking secrets about Nicolette's family and friends.

The book is told backwards, from day 15 to day 1 of the second girls' disappearance. I thought that this was so clever and original of Megan Miranda, because it could easily have been written in a normal order. Being told backwards kept me guessing the whole way through, and I did not predict the ending at all, unlike other thrillers. The novel is really well-written and it left me really fond of certain characters, and strongly disliking others - plus all of the characters were really relatable. It contains some massive twists, and I found it difficult to put down - the way it is written in reverse kept me wanting to find out what happened the day before so that I could continue to put clues together. I definitely had some nights where I was up until 4am reading this!


I enjoyed this just as much as Everything You Told Me, and think that they are both very clever books. Definitely add this one to your reading pile - it's out February 2nd.



No comments:

Post a Comment