Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Collecting homeware bits


As I'm going to graduate in the summer and stop being a student, I am really looking forward to being able to put my own stamp on a place more so than you can with student houses. So I have been collecting a few homeware bits recently, and have really enjoyed thinking about decor ideas. I love places that are really bright, but very colourful, with lots of textures and atmospheric lighting.

I picked up this cute fake plant from New Look recently, mainly because I loved the pot that it comes in. Over the weekend I also bought some plates and bowls from Sainsbury's, which have a brightly coloured Moroccan pattern on them. They had one third off and were too nice to leave behind!

I have also collected various posters and prints, as I really like the look of gallery walls with lots of different pictures hung up. I got these ice lolly cards in IKEA the other day, and I also have some vintage-looking Disney posters that I bought at a university poster sale. And the other thing that I have collected a lot of is candles - I can't wait to spread them out more as at the moment they're all cramped up in my tiny bedroom!
The greatest risk any of us will take, is to be seen as we are.
                  - Cinderella
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. That little pot is so cute! I've loved having my own flat since working, and homeware shopping is my favourite activity. I'm now debating whether to go for a non-furnished flat when I move again this summer - that'll be a whole new adventure!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete