Friday, 13 January 2017

Friday Favourite: Ed Sheeran


I was a little unsure about what to post for my Friday Favourite this week, because there has been nothing in particular that stands out. But then I was listening to my iPod and it became obvious: Ed Sheeran's new songs! I honestly haven't stopped playing them the last few days.

If you weren't aware, Ed Sheeran very recently brought out two new songs - Castle On The Hill and Shape Of You. They are both really catchy and I love the direction Ed is going with his new music - they're the sort of songs that make you want to get up and dance. You can listen to both songs here.

I'm one of those (very annoying) people that plays a song on repeat when I really like it, and these have been on constant repeat for the last few days. I think my favourite is Shape Of You because it reminds me more of Ed's older music and I think it feels more true to his music style, but I really do love Castle On The Hill too. I'm playing them right now and can't help but bob along to the beat.

I think that music can really change your mood - when I was depressed, listening to some upbeat cheesy noughties pop songs would always help to make me feel slightly better, probably slightly because they made me feel nostalgic. If you're looking to listen to something to make you feel more positive, I would definitely recommend these two songs.

If the start of 2017 has been this great, I can't wait to see what the next 12 months brings!



1 comment:

  1. I've also been loving these new songs! I really like Castle on the Hill and the nostalgic feel of it, looking back at being younger :) (Even if my teenage life seems to have been pretty different to his haha)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete