Friday, 27 January 2017

Friday Favourite: Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe lip kits

Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit in Glory and Grandee review


Everyone has gone mad for lip kits since Kylie Jenner introduced them in 2016. The idea is that you receive a liquid lipstick plus a matching lip liner in a set, so that your lipstick lasts for longer and is more defined on your lips.

Makeup Revolution have recently released their own range of lip kits, starting with 8 matte lip shades. I don't have a Kylie lip kit but have always wanted to try one, so when I saw these Retro Luxe lip kits online I quickly ordered them. They are £6 each, which is a tiny fraction of the price of Kylie's.

I bought Glory, a dark brown, and Grandee, a bright light pink. Both are matte shades, and my favourite is definitely Glory - I love the 90's vibe brown lipstick gives off. They apply really nicely and the lip liners are really creamy, and they quickly dry into a matte shade with no stickiness. They also last for ages - I wore Glory for an evening of drinking and only had to top it up once, after I'd had a few drinks. Plus it was difficult to get off when I got home!

I'm actually really impressed with these lip kits and would love to get some more shades. They are currently available in selected Superdrug stores and online (although they keep selling out very quickly). Superdrug are also currently doing a deal where you spend £12 on Makeup Revolution and receive a free Love the Revolution palette, which has a highlighter and some eyeshadows. So I spent £12 and got two lip kits, plus a palette!

I think more brands will also get on the lip kit bandwagon and they will start being produced all over the place over the next year (Lottie London also brought some out this month). It's a great idea, because you receive a matching lip liner with the lipstick. Plus I love matte lipsticks, and find liquid lipsticks sit really nicely on the lips.

Kylie who?!
Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment