Thursday, 12 January 2017

Odyssey Greek restaurant


Odyssey Greek Restaurant, Central Square, Telford, TF3 4DR

This afternoon, after placement, I drove back down to Shropshire as I have got a week of uni, so I decided to spend it with my family. I met my friend Roxy in Telford for dinner, and we decided to try out Odyssey, the new Greek restaurant where the nightclub Vox used to be.


The inside of Odyssey is quite big, and is all decorated blue and white in traditional Greek style. The menu had every Greek option you could think of - including moussaka which sounded delicious. However, we decided to go for the meze menu, which was £17.95 each.

When we first looked at the meze menu, we were very confused as there were around 8 starters and 8 mains listed on it. We were sure that we wouldn't be able to have that much food for £18 each, and presumed that we would have to choose a few dishes each. However, when we asked the waitress, she said that we would receive every dish on the menu! So, of course, we had to try it out.

The starters included pitta bread, prawns, breaded crab, calamari, pork sausages, grilled halloumi, Greek salad, bean salad, and Greek dips (tzatziki/houmous). Honestly, I think this was my favourite part of the meal. They were all absolutely delicious and so filling - I loved the Greek salad and the pitta breads.


For our main, we received a selection of dishes including beef, stuffed vine leaves, chicken, pork, rice and potatoes. They all had so much flavour to them and really complimented each other - my favourites were the beef, chicken and potatoes. You can see by my photos how much food we had!!


The staff were also mainly Greek and were so lovely, friendly, attentive and helpful. To end the meal, we were given a small sweet Greek wine, which was a nice touch. I have never really been to a Greek restaurant before, but I would definitely visit this one again. We had such a lot of delicious food and I was so full by the time we had finished - I would say that this is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Telford now! I would love to visit for one of their Greek party nights one time :)
The trouble is, you think you have time.
                    - Buddha
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment