Thursday, 6 April 2017

6 things that have made me happy today #16

1) Lie-in
I'm sure my happiness posts always include something to do with sleeping, but I had the day off so I had a bit of a lie-in, and that made me happy. Who doesn't enjoy extra sleep?!

2) Shopping
Myself and my friend Meadhbh decided to go shopping today as we both had the day off, and I really enjoyed it because I haven't just wandered around town for a while.

3) New shoes
I bought some new heels from River Island and I love them! I haven't been this excited about something I've bought for a while - they are bright blue and yellow with an oriental print and they are beautiful. I will definitely be wearing them for a night out tomorrow!



4) Thai broth
This evening I followed a recipe that Hannah Gale posted for a Thai broth, and it was delicious - you can find the recipe here. It is really healthy but is so filling - I still have some left for tomorrow evening which I am already excited about! The vegetables I used were pak choi, red onion, baby corn, broccoli and sugar snap beans. It is fairly quick to make and really does taste amazing.

5) Girl on the Train
This evening my housemates and I watched Girl on the Train - I watched it in the cinema last year, but it was just as good the second time around. I would definitely recommend reading the book first though, as I thought that the book was a fair amount better than the film - and the book is spoilt if you watch the movie first.

6) Finding out my job specialty allocations
Today I found out the final step of my job allocation as a doctor next year - the specialties that I will work in. Over the next two years I will work for 4 months each in internal medicine, general surgery, geriatrics, GP, A&E and paediatrics. It's made me really excited to be a doctor now - I hadn't thought about it too much before today, but this has made it feel very real and not that far away!
The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of happy things there! Also - congrats on the jobs!! That's such a great mix of rotations. Plus you've nailed the order of jobs for F1 - starting on medicine is ideal, then you swap out onto surgery just as medicine gets busy for the winter haha.
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Wellbeing & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete