Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Calderstones Park


On Sunday I decided to go for a walk around Calderstones Park in Allerton, Liverpool, as the weather was so nice.


Looking back through these photos makes me realise just how nice the weather was - the sky was so blue! I wish I'd taken my proper camera as my phone camera photos don't really do the flowers justice. Even at this time of year, there were blooms and lots of different colours everywhere.


I find that good weather puts me in such an amazing mood, and it was so relaxing to just wander around the park for a couple of hours. I think it would be even more beautiful in the summer, as there would be more flowers out. There was so much to see in the park - from a lake, to secret gardens, to squirrels, to the manor house.


There was also a cafe and a book shop to look around, and when I googled Calderstones afterwards I found that it is home to ancient megaliths that are supposed to be older than Stonehenge - this is apparently what the park is named after - as well as an oak tree that is over 1000 years old.


Liverpool has so many parks to visit and that's one of the reasons I love it so much - you can easily escape from city life for a couple of hours. I will definitely be visiting Calderstones again in the future - next time I may even take a barbecue with me!
How you make others feel about themselves says a lot about you.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment