Saturday, 1 April 2017

RCGP North West Student Conference 2017

Image may contain: 11 people, people smiling, people standing
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

I am part of my medical school's GP Society committee, and for the past few months we have been working really hard to organise the RCGP North West Student Conference 2017 in Liverpool. Today was finally the day, and what a day it was!

We had some really interesting sessions about all aspects of being a General Practitioner - including aviation medicine, opportunities abroad, sign language, minor surgery and GP in the media. We also had lots of fun parts of the conference, such as pick 'n' mix sweets, a Snapchat filter (below!), an Instagram frame and some competitions to enter. The entire conference ran really smoothly (even if the committee were running around constantly - I didn't sit down properly until I got home this evening), and we had some amazing feedback from the delegates and the doctors that attended.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, close-up and text

The whole Liverpool GP Society committee did such an incredible job of organising and running the conference, and I feel so proud of us. The conference has made me even more determined to be a GP, and has made me see how much you can achieve when you work well together as a team.

And now I'm off to bed because I feel exhausted after running up and down a set of stairs about 50 times today...

#TeamGP!
Always find time for the things that make you happy to be alive.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment