Tuesday, 16 May 2017

6 things that have made me happy today #17

1) A productive day on A&E
I am still on A&E placement at the moment (in fact, I only have a week and a half left of medical school!), and I am really enjoying it. I especially enjoy it when I have a particularly productive day, like today. I managed to see about 5 different patients, and either took a history from them, examined them or took some blood from them. On one of the patients I also performed an eye irrigation, because he had lots of dirt stuck in both his eyes. I love that I can make a difference to peoples' lives and that I can help them simply by sitting and chatting to them. Of course, I don't have all of the responsibilities or roles of a doctor yet, but I still feel like as a medical student I can really make people feel that little bit better.

2) Sleeping well last night
I haven't been sleeping very well recently, but I managed to get a really decent night's sleep last night, and I felt great this morning because of it.

3) Making my own Big Mac in McDonald's
This evening I attended an event at the Huyton Page Moss McDonald's, and I had the opportunity to make and eat my own Big Mac! It was so interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes in McDonald's - look out for the blog post over the next couple of days.

4) Starting to paint my chest of drawers
Recently I acquired two chest of drawers from the website freecycle.org for my new flat, and I decided that I wanted to paint one blue and the other pink. I started painting the drawers of one this evening, and found it really therapeutic. I'm hoping to finish them off over the next couple of days, before I move into my new flat on Friday.

5) An evening walk
My housemate and I went for a walk around the park this evening, just before it got dark, and it was so lovely. Although it hasn't really been sunny today, it was warm, and the sun setting over the houses was a really pretty sight.

6) Pistachio nuts
I got a bit peckish this evening and realised that I had some pistachio nuts in my cupboard from ages ago, so I decided to try them. I'm now obsessed with pistachio nuts (seriously, someone needs to stop me from eating them all...).
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Pistachio nuts are my favourite! I always get the ones still in shells because it's the only way to slow myself down with them haha
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Wellbeing & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete