Sunday, 21 May 2017

An exciting weekend


This weekend has been such an exciting one for me, what with finally getting the keys to my flat and being able to start moving my things over and decorating. It has been so much fun picking out all of the colour schemes for each of the rooms, plus all of the details, from sofas and beds down to things like plates and coffee table books.

I've decided that I want my bathroom to be really bright with lots of contrasting colours; my bedroom is painted grey so I am adding pink and greens to create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere; and my lounge also has grey walls, so I am adding in lots of colours with cushions, blankets, prints and decorative accessories.

I wanted my flat to reflect me, and for people to walk in and think, "this is definitely Hannah's flat". I wanted the prints on the walls to include some of my favourite things and the books on my shelves to show what I'm interested in. I am also the sort of person that loves colour (yellow is my favourite colour), so I wanted my flat to be bright and vibrant like my clothing. I want my flat to be comfy and cosy, with cushions and blankets everywhere you look.

So the past couple of days have been really exciting - yesterday we went to IKEA to pick out some furniture (I got a bed, coffee table and shelving unit), and today I have moved a few more things over. Moving everything over is going to be a huge job - it's amazing how many belongings you accumulate whilst living somewhere for 3 years!

I really feel like a proper adult now as I am getting my own flat (and having to muddle my way through adult-y things like bills and council tax!), and I'm so happy to finally be moving away from student life. Don't get me wrong, I have really enjoyed being a student, but 5 years is a loooooong time to go without money and with a small amount of space (especially when you own as many candles as I do - I counted 14 in my tiny student bedroom...).

Tomorrow marks the start of my last ever week as a medical student, and I am so excited to see what the future brings (although seriously, where has that time gone?!). I'm sure I will be more terrified when I am actually a doctor, as well as wishing I could still live the chilled student life, but at the moment I am really looking forward to it. And I'm also looking forward to taking you on the adventure with me!
Show up for people. Offer what you can. Be unselfish. Love people when they need it, even when you feel they don't deserve it. Be a healer. Be kind. Show up for people. Because when you're hurting you'll want someone to show up for you.
                               - Alex Elle
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment