Sunday, 28 May 2017

Kick off the Summer at Redcar


As I mentioned on Friday, this weekend I was up at my friend Kelly's house to celebrate finishing medical school. We had a fairly lazy morning today (aka I stayed in bed until midday), and then we decided to have a walk along Redcar beach, as there was an event called 'Kick off the Summer' in the town for the Bank Holiday weekend.

The high street had a lovely continental market, with lots of tempting food from all over the world. I was particularly interested in the Greek food, as I'm off on holiday to Greece next week!


We went up the pier (yes 'up' - Redcar has a vertical pier that overlooks the beach and the town), which had great views all the way over to Saltburn.

We had to make use of the giant deckchairs...


Next to TunedIn!, Redcar's arts and crafts centre, there were some sand sculptures being created, with the theme of 'movies that involve the sea'. The attention to detail was unbelievable, and it was fascinating watching the artists work. My particular favourite was the tiger from Life of Pi, in the photo below.


On the beach there were also lots of different sports activities, as well as face painting and balloon modelling for the children. It was a really fun event, and it definitely made it feel like the start of summer.

Afterwards we went to Kelly's Gran's house for a huge Sunday dinner, and then we drove back to Liverpool as I have got some more flat stuff to do tomorrow. I had such a lovely weekend - Kick off the Summer is also on tomorrow in Redcar, so definitely go and take a look if you're in the area!
Plant your own garden instead of waiting for someone to buy you flowers.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment