Tuesday, 1 August 2017

A quick life catch up


Taco Sweater - Forever 21
Gingham Trousers - New Look

I've been a bit AWOL on my blog recently and it's purely because I've been so busy and tired. Last week I started induction for work, and I start properly as a doctor on the wards tomorrow (although I've got a day off according to my rota so I actually start Thursday!). Over the weekend my friend Roxy came up to Liverpool from home, and life just generally got in the way so my blog took a bit of a back seat. We went out on Friday night and danced the night away in Pop World, and spent Saturday shopping, eating and watching girly films.


The past couple of days I've also been on induction, shadowing doctors on the ward that I will be replacing this week, and I've really enjoyed it so far. I feel like shadowing has shown me that the job won't be as scary as I thought it would, but I am still worried about being really tired and coping with the hours. I start on a surgical ward so will work less weekends and evenings than I will do when I move onto medicine, as junior doctors have less responsibility in surgery, but I still think it's going to be hard to adjust. But I'm hoping it will be enjoyable and rewarding, and I will come home feeling like I've achieved something. I'm looking forward to getting to know the fellow doctors and hopefully being able to make a difference to my patients.

In other news, I am so happy with my new flat and feel really at home here. I have enjoyed spending the last couple of evenings on my own, cooking dinner and watching Netflix, but it's nice that I can also invite my friends over whenever I feel like I want some company. It's a lovely peaceful sanctuary after a long day at home, and it feels so cosy as it's now filled with all of my candles, cushions and blankets. I'm definitely going to enjoy living here!

With regards to this outfit - I wore it last week to visit Bridgnorth in Shropshire with my sister. The sweatshirt was a present for my birthday and I love how it looks like it could be vintage. I haven't really seen a sweater like it before, with these particular colours. And someone tried to buy the trousers off me whilst I was wearing them, so they were obviously a hit!
There is no shame in being honest. There is no shame in being vulnerable. It's the beauty of being human.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment