Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Grandma's 80th birthday


Over the weekend it was my Grandma's 80th birthday so all of my family got together to celebrate. She is such an incredible woman and someone that I have always looked up to, and we all have so many amazing memories together. Their house is one of the main places that I grew up in. As children we spent summers in the train shed watching Grandad build tracks and run mini trains around them. We spent breakfasts chatting over toast, cereal and orange juice, and had many a day out with the reward of sweets at the end. I remember trying to help Grandma finish a crossword in the paper, and we had so many holidays away in our caravans that were the highlight of my childhood.

 We spent the weekend eating lots of food and drinking wine together, and it was so lovely to have all of my family together, as it's not very often that that happens - usually someone is off on holiday or working. I caught up with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles, and generally had a really great weekend. I feel so lucky to have such a supportive and loving family, and I really cherish the time I get to spend as a group of all of us.

Happy birthday Grandma, I can't wait to celebrate many more with you!
Everything happens for a reason.
#projectsmile



No comments:

Post a Comment